Tuesday, November 2, 2010, 5:53 PM

What causes my acne?

For the past 2 months I've been seeing dermatologist to treat my acne and this is really giving me pain.

Today I have come to a conclusion that my acne are caused by food allergies and the one I have is an allergy to dairy products.

This is the website that supports my claim;

http://www.foodallergysolutions.com/food-allergy-news0402.html


As I will be monitoring my skin conditions, I'm writing this blog to remind me about my discovery.

I say ..

No to ice cream!
No to eggs!
No to sopas! ( I will miss my mother's recipe. sob)
and even No to pork!


The thing that I have about my acne is that it causes me ice peak scars!!

Don't you just dread scars?

I get one to two big pimples in my face then after a day or two it gets inflamed and here comes the pus and scarring later on.

What types of acne are out there?

1. Minor League ones come in the form of blackheads and whiteheads. (No need for pictures)


Their scientific term would be "Comedones".

When your pores get blocked with oil and dirt (dead cells) you get whiteheads and blackheads.

Remember, to watch out for these because a pimple will soon emerge if these are not treated. In short, one should at least get a facial once a month or twice in a month to get rid of whiteheads and blackheads.


2. Major League acne would have papules, pustules, nodules and cystic acne in their team.

The appearances of these four are very close to each other. I'm actually having a hard time telling which is which.


Papules are red and tender with no center or head. You will just notice a red lump in your face.



Pustules have yellowish or white center that they call head. So, it is not just a red lump in your face coz it also have a head.




Nodules are hard red lump in the face. This is the type that is painful and will cause scarring in your face.




Cystic acne is the sever one. These are widespread acne that is not limited only in your face. You might see these at your back or even chest. It will also cause scarring in your face.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me section

Cheryl Ching
Blogger


9intervals, the idea is derived from a cat having nine lives. I guess, I don't have to tell you how much I love cats! We've been through intervals in this lifetime. Guess, I'm lucky to be alive. I don't think I would be lucky the next time. But nevertheless, we have our intervals. A certain episode that we remember in the past that affects our future. Or maybe just something that we can learn from. A little something to look back to.

Chat Box



Personal - Top Blogs Philippines

Music Box

Under construction
Add me if you want

Facebook



My Archives



Welcome to existence.... everyone's here.... What happens next?